If you take a look at the Arizona Department of Transportation website, it shows an increase in accident deaths to nearly 900 from 2014 to 2015 representing 121 more deaths year over year, nearly a 16% increase. This further supported by an increase in total auto accident from roughly 110,000 to just under 117,000 in the same period. What are the car accidents numbers?
- Of the nearly 900 fatal accident, 313 involved victims not using proper restrains such as seat belts or proper child safety restraints.
- 300 accidents resulting in deaths involved speeding.
- 295 accidents resulting in deaths had alcohol involved in the accident.
- There was an increase in motorcycle accident deaths from 128 deaths in 2014 to 134 in 2015.
- There was an increase in pedestrian accident deaths from 155 in 2014 to 161 in 2015.
- Someone loses their life every 10 hours in Arizona.
- Fatal accidents happen at about the same rate in 2015 with 471 deaths in urban areas and 424 in rural zones.
- 75 percent of all fatal accidents happen during day time.
- The deadliest holiday for car accident in 2015 was Thanksgiving with 16 fatal accidents.
- Economic loss from accidents in 2015 was almost $4 billion.
If you are in an accident:
- Get to a hospital or doctor, even if you think you are ok. Many accident injuries to not manifest immediately and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Do not admit fault or make statements that could make you look to be responsible. If you can give a tactical account of the accident, this is ok. But if you aren’t sure talk to your lawyer first and with our guidance, report the accident to your insurer.
- If you can, take some notes and/or photos of the accident scene, this could be substantively useful in making your claim successful.
You should expect to hear from insurance companies of the other party(s) and they will want you to make statement, do not do this. Always remember that INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE LAWYERS IN DISGUISE. They have one goal, protect the insurance company and find a way to avoid paying you anything. They’ll seem nice, concerned, in your corner but they are in the corner of the insurer paying them.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident and injured, you have our deepest concern and sympathy. Contact us at Accident Law Group to get a complete assessment of your case. We built our firm to help you build fight and win your case and make sure the rights you have under the law are protected.
Accident Law Group makes our very best effort to make sure that the news or informational sources that we report about or reference are correct and accurate. We can’t guarantee that every detail is complete or accurate. Our information is gathered by sources which we do not control. If any inaccuracy or error is found, we will do our best to correct any errant information as soon as possible.